Administrative Assistant for the College of Natural and Health Sciences
Position: Reporting to the Dean of the College of Natural and Health Sciences (CNHS), this position will be a central part of the administrative team for the CNHS.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Administrative assistance experience preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students, parents, and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Manage CNHS administrative office including internal and external communications and scheduling
- Document management
- Confidentially and efficiently maintain CNHS documents
- Facilitate effective communication flow to CNHS faculty, staff, students and alumni
- Budget management and credit card reconciliation
- Assist Chairs in a variety in clerical and support functions
- Collaborate across departments
- Assist in planning and hosting departmental events
- Serve as a point of contact for students within and perspective students of the college
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Respectful, loyal, dependable, responsible
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy in common software tools; Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- In the spirit of team, a willingness to subordinate self-interest to the University's interest
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins August 9, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.