NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of October 9, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Administrative Assistant for Tealridge
Position: Reporting to the Resident Director of Tealridge, the Administrative Assistant provides a consistent presence for Tealridge’s front office operations in service of students, the senior population, and administrative support for the Suites@OC.
- Some college credit and/or relevant work experience required, college degree preferred.
- Secretarial, housing, and/or higher education experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Coordinate front desk operations for Tealridge during normal office hours, assisting students, senior residents, and Tealridge staff as necessary.
- Assist in actively monitoring and manage office communications, often including emails and office phone calls.
- Coordinate transportation services for senior residents, managing and communicating the transportation schedule to the Director of Residence Life.
- Stay apprised of Tealridge emergency procedures as they pertain to both student and senior populations.
- Serve as an occasional back up driver to help transport senior residents to appointments and outings.
- Receive, log, and maintain records of received packages from USPS, UPS, and other delivery partners.
- Assist with collecting and organizing records.
- Keep updated resident records and coordinate all non-student payment processes with the Director of Residence Life and the Business Office.
- Serve as the primary reservations contact regarding the Suites@OC. This includes keeping updates schedules, managing reservations, communicating with housekeeping staff, managing payments and petty cash, and assisting with email and phone inquiries regarding the Suites@OC.
- Assist and manage various administrative needs related to Residence Life’s presence and needs in the Tealridge community.
- Collaborate with the Director of Residence Life to keep updated lease agreements and student files including drafting and lease renewals.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with achievement of the University mission.
- Ability to communicate in both form and substance in a manner that affects a positive and professional image for the University and the Residence Life office.
- Ability to craft professional written and verbal communication to students, parents, and campus partners required.
- Effectively present information to and respond appropriately to questions from individuals and grounds, including co-workers, parents, and students.
- Must be punctual, professional, and detail oriented.
- Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions.
- Desire to make a difference; not just earn a living.
- Faithful, active member of the Churches of Christ.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard university benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins August 17, 2017, and continues until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.