Administrative Assistant, Central Administrative Offices
Position: Reporting to the vice president/general counsel, this position will function as a member of the university’s central administrative team.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Administrative assistance experience preferred. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- General clerical tasks
- Processing mail and other correspondence
- Greeting guests
- Copying, filing and electronic document management
- Coordinate project to convert documents to digital format
- Supervising student workers
- Processing legal documents
- Bill payment and credit card statement reconciliation
- Providing back-up to Benson Hall front desk operation
- Collaboration with and team-oriented support of cabinet-level executive/administrative assistants
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- In the spirit of team, a willingness to subordinate self-interest to the University's interest
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Standard office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but position offers some flexibility within full-time and part-time options.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins June 9, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and OC Application to Human Resources Assistant Lisa Jones at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.