Administrative Assistant and Campus Visit Host
Position: Positioned in the Admissions Office, the individual selected as the Administrative Assistant and Campus Visit Host will provide best in class hospitality and service to prospective student families visiting Oklahoma Christian University. The Campus Visit Host will also assist with planning and execute group visit programs for the Admissions Office. The position also provides administrative support to the Admissions Office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Related work experience in administrative, service, or hospitality strongly desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students, parents, and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Maintain and appropriately document consistent and regular communication with prospective students and parents pre, during, and post visit.
- Administer, collect, and report data obtained via post visit digital surveys to students and parents.
- Establish positive relationships with prospective students and parents.
- Upon request from admissions counselors, encourage prospective students and parents to visit campus (by phone and/or email) and coordinate with counselor to ensure the success of each visit.
- Schedule all campus appointments including those with faculty and Student Financial Services staff.
- Work closely with Events Office to schedule Student Guides for campus and residence life walks.
- Assist Events Office staff in recruiting, hiring, and training Student Guides.
- Warmly greet and engage families upon their arrival to the Admissions Office.
- Assist admissions counselors with visitors (e.g walk them to appointments, serve as counselor for the day, etc. as necessary).
- Engage university software as necessary to document visit dates, etc.
- Additional data entry as needed.
- Gather giveaways and marketing literature for visitors.
- Assist Events Office staff in facilitating reserved parking spaces for visitors.
- Task student workers as related to campus visit prep functions.
- Plan and coordinate group visit events (including Eagle for a Day and Spring Visit).
- Serve as primary administrative support for office phone calls and information email requests.
- Assist with additional admissions office responsibilities and functions as needed.
- Serve as calendar contact and scheduling agent for OC cover band the Summer Singers.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Good team player.
- 11 month (August through June) position
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Limited attendance at evening and weekend events required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins July 19, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.