Position Summary: Reporting to the Director for Student Success, the Academic Coach serves Oklahoma Christian University by working individually with students to design a plan of study, discuss goals, study skills and other challenges. Specific focus will be on monitoring students who are placed on academic probation or suspension. This position also works closely with program director to hire, train and oversee campus tutoring programs. Training is provided.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of two years related work experience is strongly desired. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Be available to meet with students and discuss their individual situation.
- Intake and track clients and their academic needs.
- Attend training sessions and weekly meetings to discuss student situations.
- Provide a safe, supportive atmosphere for students.
- Develop relationships with students through confident communication.
- Guide students to develop their own time management and study skills.
- Assist students in monitoring their own academic progress and goal setting.
- Maintain communication with faculty members and other offices in order to monitor student progress.
- Assist with tutoring organization and test proctoring, as needed.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 10 months (off June and July)
- Work is primarily indoors in an office setting.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard university benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins September 11, 2017, and continues until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.