Resident Director of Honors House
Position: The Resident Director of Honors House at Davison Hall works as a member of the Residence Life/Student Life team to foster student success, community development, and spiritual growth in our on-campus residential communities. This position reports to the Director of Residence Life.
Primary Qualifications: Some college credit and active work toward bachelor’s degree required, completed bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience with OC’s Honors Program or other Honors College experience is preferred. Student development, residence life, and/or student activities experience preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Successful candidate must be an active member of a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Coordinate with the honors program director and staff to effectively lead in many endeavors for Honors.
- In all things, be a living example of Christ to the OC community. Understand the role of live-in professionals in fostering residential community development, student success, and supporting the greater OC mission.
- Actively seek opportunities for community development.
- Direct and oversee one to two residential facilities including the residential experience and student staff in each area.
- Work collaboratively with other offices to help identify students of concern.
- Establish ownership over the general physical operation and condition of the assigned residential facilities.
- Oversee and train student employees including resident assistants (RA) and assistant directors (AD) and resident life receptionists.
- Foster residential communities that are academically focused through upholding policies that protect academic interests and encouraging curricular and co-curricular involvement.
- Work with the Office of Residence Life on all issues concerning hall safety.
- Both when on-call and not on-call, appropriately and quickly respond in emergency situations.
- Work one week per year that is considered a campus break, staying near campus and responding to needs of on-campus students and administrators.
- Serve 2-4 weeks each semester as the Resident Life 24-hour on-call attendant, monitoring and responding promptly to campus issues and emergencies after hours.
- Schedule a minimum of 10 office hours per week during regular business hours.
- Partner and help lead the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring processes of RAs, ADs, and receptionist staff.
- Assist the Residence Life Housing Coordinator as needed in the placement of students into housing assignments.
- Maintain accurate rosters, updating them immediately as changes or updates occur and are needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Residence Life.
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate in both form and substance in a manner that affects a positive and professional image for the University and the Residence Life Department.
- Must be punctual and detailed oriented.
- Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions
- Ability learn and adapt to changes in software products and other advancements in technology.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but many required duties will require some work to occur after hours and on weekends.
- Work schedules may be flexed with supervisor approval.
- Initial appointment for a Resident Director will be for one 12 month period. Reappointment to the same or alternate position will be made by the Director of Residence Life based on of performance evaluations conducted during the employment period, specific housing area needs, and strengths and skills of the individual staff members, etc.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Use of personal residential quarters within assigned facility.
Timetable: Application review begins April 11, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted