Your summer housing assignment will be sent to you via email from email@example.com beginning the third week of April.
OC is Home for the Summer
Living at OC during the summer allows students to be on campus to continue their education, participate in summer programs and events, and have access to campus offices and resources.
During the summer, OC offers safe, convenient, and affordable on-campus summer living in the University Village Apartments for students enrolled in either summer or fall classes, participating in a university-sponsored program, or campus job.
Request a Summer Housing Application!
- Summer housing assignments will be emailed out beginning the third week in April.
- There are no private apartments, but private rooms may or may not be readily available in 2 bedroom apartments only. The university reserves the right to condense as needed.
- You may not store your belongings in your room/apartment if you have not registered for summer housing. If you do not register for summer housing, you must take all of your belongings with you.
- July 29th is the last day to move into the apartments prior to Fall Housing opening on August 19th.
- Spring Housing Closes, April, 29th at 10:00am. Fall Housing Opens, August 19th @ 8:00am
Summer Housing Sessions and Costs
Summer housing sessions:
- All Summer: April 29th - August 19th
- *Session 1: April 29th - May 20th
- Session 2: May 20th - June 10th
- Session 3:June 10th - July 1st
- July Term: July 1st - July 29th
- *Session 4: July 29th - August 19th
*See "Check-In and Check-Out Information" for additional details.
Summer housing apartment options and costs:
- Phase 3 / 4 Shared: $110 per week
- Phase 3 / 4 Private: $135 per week
- Phase 5 / 6 Shared: $135 per week
- Phase 5 / 6 Private: $160 per week
- *Tealridge Shared: $135 per week
- *Tealridge Private: $160 per week
*To live in Tealridge over the summer, you must have either a current assignment in Tealridge or a Tealridge assignment for the fall 2017 semester.
Summer Housing Financials
Summer living costs will be placed on student accounts. Balances will reflect sessions selected on the summer application. Students living on campus during the summer can pay either through their student account online or pay cash or check at the cashier's window in the Business Office, located in Heritage Plaza.
- Students with outstanding balances of greater than $500 at the end of the spring semester will not be eligible for summer student housing without the prior approval of the student's Personal Financial Counselor (PFC).
- Payment for summer housing charges must either be paid in full before the start of the summer sessions, or in regular monthly/weekly payments during the summer sessions. Students are responsible for making these payment arrangements with their Personal Financial Counselor. All summer housing balances must be paid in full at least two weeks prior to the start of the fall semester.
- 100% of housing charges will be billed to all students who reserve summer housing. If the student qualifies for a housing discount based on student employment at OC, 50% of those charges for that month will be credited to their balance after the criteria (based on numbers of hours worked) for that housing discount have been met. Students are responsible for 100% of housing charges they incur if they do not reach the criteria for receiving a housing discount.
- Students with summer housing balances will not be allowed to enroll for a future semester until their summer housing account balance is paid in full. Students already enrolled for the fall who have outstanding summer housing balances greater than $200 at the end of summer are subject to having their fall class schedule dropped.
- Summer financial aid must first pay for summer tuition expenses. Additional financial aid may be transferred to the student's summer housing account upon the student's request.
Check-in and Check-out Information
To check-in or check-out of your summer housing assignment, you will need to contact the RD located in your Apartment Complex. The RD in your area will be your main point of contact for all check-in and check-out procedures. View the summer apartment staff here.
- Check-in times will always be on a Saturday.
- Check-in times will be from 10:00am - 5:00pm beginning the first day of each session (Saturday).
- Check-in in with the RD is required prior to moving into your summer housing assignment.
*Session I Special Check-In:
- Apartment to Apartment moves: Sunday, April 30th from 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Residence Hall to Apartment moves: Monday, May 1st from 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Check-out times will always be on a Saturday.
- Check-out times will be from 10:00am - 5:00pm on the last day of each session (Saturday).
- If you do not check-out properly with your RD, you will be subject to an improper check-out fee.
*Session 4 Special Check-Out:
- Apartment to Residence Hall moves: Saturday, August 5th from 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Apartment to Apartment moves: Saturday, August 12th from 9:00am - 3:00pm
Summer Housing Frequently Asked Questions
If your paycheck or work hours are incorrect, you will either need to contact your supervisor or Susan Stanford (firstname.lastname@example.org) in our Payroll Department. They will be able to assist you in correcting those discrepancies.
Students living on campus during the summer can pay for their summer housing charges either through their student account online or pay cash or check at the cashier's window in the Business Office, located in Heritage Plaza.
If you do not have a summer housing assignment, no early move-in's will be permitted. If you would like to move into your fall housing assignment prior to the opening of fall housing on August 19th, you will be required to sign up for the last summer housing session. The deadline to sign up for Summer Session #4 (July 29th - August 19th) is July 29th.
Request a summer housing application here.
To qualify for a summer housing reimbursement, two steps must be completed.
- You or your supervisor must notify Susan Stanford, in Payroll, that you are working on-campus.
- Complete the number of hours worked (28+ hours a week) to qualify for discounted housing.
If you work an average amount of 28 hours per week, your account will be credited back the 50% discount every two weeks. Please note that you will see your full summer housing cost reflected on your student account the beginning of summer. Each week you qualify for the reimbursement, you will see that discount applied to your student account.
Please note that you will see the full housing change on your account until you have qualified for reimbursement. Once you have qualified for the reimbursement, you will see that discount reflected on your student account.
The standard discount applied to OC students who work for OC over the summer months is a 50% reduction from their housing costs. For example, if you are paying $110 per week, your housing rate would be reduced to $55 per week if you have meet all qualifications.
The Cafeteria, Chick-fil-A and Alfredo's will all be closed for the summer. However there are multiple food and grocery options that can be found within a mile radius of campus.
Yes, room check will be held bi-weekly just like the fall and spring semesters.