Beginning April 10th, you will be able to log onto www.oc.edu/myochome and view your fall housing selection time. This time will be displayed on your home screen.
Fall Housing Selection Process for 2017 Fall Returning Students
It's time to start thinking about selecting your fall 2017 fall OC home! If you are a current OC student and plan to take classes at OC during the fall 2017 semester, following this simple four-step online process will be the key to selecting your fall housing.
Step #1: March 1st – March 22nd
Complete your housing application. This application will become available beginning March 1st. Click Here for instructions on how to complete the application.
* Please Note: If you are graduating this semester or do not plan to attend 2017 fall semester, please complete the 1st step of this process and select the "I will not be attending next semester" option within the application. You will not need to complete steps 2 - 4.
Step #2: March 27th – April 6th
Pre-enroll for classes during your open enrollment period. View the pre-enrollment schedule on our calendar of events.
Step #3: April 7th – April 11th
Create a roommate group, if applicable. To ensure that you and your roommates are in the same group, we highly encourage you to create your group during this time frame and prior to housing selection. You will be able to create and edit roommate groups during the housing selection process, but doing so will affect your selection time and room options.
Roommate Groups FAQ’s
- Roommate groups are not required. You will still be able to select housing without a roommate group.
- Everyone in the roommate group MUST be pre-enrolled in classes in order for your roommate group to be valid during housing selection.
- Once housing selection begins, changes can still be made to your roommate group, but it will affect your selection time and room options.
Step #4: April 12th – April 28th
It’s time to select your housing! You or your roommate group will be assigned a specific time and date for housing selection. From your assigned selection date through April 28th, you will be able to select your housing.
Be sure to know your specific selection time and date. Beginning April 10th, you can log onto your MyOCHome account and view this information. Directions on how to select your housing can be found here, or under Helpful How-To Links.
- In order to make a selection, you MUST complete Step 1 and Step 2.
- Returning students who have pre-enrolled in fall classes, but did not select a room by April 28th, will be automatically assigned a room for the fall semester.
- To qualify to live in the apartments, you must:
- Be 21+ years of age OR be a third-year college student (calculated by years out of high school) by the completion of the spring 2017 semester.
Helpful How-To Links
- Step #1: How to complete your housing application
- Step #2: Fall Classes Pre-Enrollment Schedule
- Step #3: How to create a roommate group
- Step #4: How to select your Fall Housing
Fall Housing Frequently Asked Questions
The following applicants will be eligible to select to live in the Tealridge apartments for the upcoming school year:
- Third year and fourth year undergraduate women
- Women who are 21+ years or older
Roommate group selection times are calculated on the median (best) of the groups class year (number of years in college) and then by number of completed hours at the end of this semester. Each person in that roommate group will receive the same selection day and time and will be able to select as a group.
*Please note that you will still have to make your own individual selection. The leader of your roommate group cannot select your room slot for you.
Your designated selection time will first depend on your class year (number of years in college) and then by number of completed hours at the end of this semester. For example, a 3rd year student with 80 hours will select housing prior to a 2nd year student with 90 hours.
In order to live and select an apartment for the 2017 fall semester, you must be a third-year college student (calculated by years out of high school), or the age of 21+ by the completion of the spring 2017 semester.
You will be given a specific time and date to log onto www.oc.edu/myochome and select your housing. If you miss this time, you will still be able to select housing up through April 28th.
By missing your specific time, you simply forfeit your selection time and possible room options to the next person in line. The longer you wait to select housing, the fewer housing options you will have to select from.