Residence Life is accepting applications for our 2018-19 student leadership positions!
Student Leadership Positions are available for full-time undergraduate students living and working within campus housing. Click on the links below for full position descriptions.
- Resident Assistants (RA) serve in our residence halls and focus on establishing real and thriving communities for our first- and second-year students. Their role focuses on helping our students to connect to each other and to the OC community. In all things, RAs serve and support students through relationship and connection.
- Resident Assistant (RA) to Honors House works collaboratively with the Residence Life office and the Honors College. To qualify for this position, you must be a member of the Honors College, maintain a 3.0 GPA, and be able to tutor in Western Thought and Expression I & II.
- Community & Ministry Advocates (CMA) serve in our apartment areas. While living among and serving a select group of students in their apartment area, these leaders will work closely together, and in collaboration with the Spiritual Life and Residence Life team to lead students in creative service, worship, and mission opportunities. Although this role is spiritually focused, you don't have to be a ministry major. We are recruiting people who believe in being Jesus in and to their community-- loving people where they are. This is a creative, interactive, and relational role.
- Assistant Directors (AD) are the highest level student leadership positions within Residence Life. ADs serve in a specific area and collaborate closely with their RD to lead their teams and serve the students in their area. ADs are trained in a variety of important functions, supporting their RA/CMA staff, building positive relationships with students, leading events, and aiding in other important Residence Life functions. Previous experience in Residence Life/Student Life is strongly preferred.
To apply for any of these positions, please complete the process listed below.
Applications must be submitted in full before Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 11 pm. Need resume guidance? Make sure to utilize OC's Career Services office
Looking forward to building our next team!
Step 1: Attend the Informational Meeting on Monday, December 04, 2017 OR Watch the video and take the quiz online.
Did you miss the Information Meeting? No worries, watch the video below and take the quiz to complete this step of the application process.
Student Staff Hiring Informational Video
Step 2: Go to Eagles at Work, and submit the application packet.
- Complete Online Application Form
Upload Writing Sample
What is the writing sample?
Introductory Email: Introduce yourself to your floor residents. Include information about yourself, and what they can expect from you as their RA, CMA, or AD. Make it fun and interesting-remember your target audience is your residents. Be sure to proofread it thoroughly before submitting.
Having issues with the application process? View step by step instructions here at "Eagles At Work - How to Apply for a Job."
Step 3: ONE letter of recommendation from OC employee.
- ONE letter of recommendation from OC employee
*The letter must be mailed directly from OC employee to email@example.com
Step 4: After submitting your complete application packet on Eagles at Work, select a time to interview.
Please Note: Professional dress is recommended for the interview.
Application Process Dates
Application: January 17, 11 pm
Individual interview: January 22-26
Group Process: February 5-6
Hire Notification: February 16
Accept Position: February 23