Campus History & Overview
What began in 1950 as Central Christian College (with an enrollment of 97) has grown into a comprehensive Christian university serving almost 2,600 students. Affiliated with the churches of Christ, Oklahoma Christian welcomes all students who respect the university's commitment to academic and spiritual excellence and who respect the academic and spiritual pursuits of their fellow students.
Oklahoma Christian University opens many doors to faith-infused learning at home and abroad. OC’s location just 10 minutes from downtown Oklahoma City provides access to jobs and internships, plus big-city entertainment like the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder.
OC students have many ways to plug into other countries and cultures. Our global reach includes 20 study abroad and off-campus learning options, plus service opportunities that take students around the world to help people in need.
Academic Points of Pride
- 100% graduate and law school placement rate for OC language and literature graduates who applied in the last two years.
- 100% of OC history and political science graduates who applied to history or political science graduate programs or to law school have been accepted who applied in the past seven years.
- 100% graduate school acceptance rate for OC Honors Program graduates who applied in the last four years.
- 100% job placement rate for OC interior design graduates.
- 95% job placement rate for OC public relations graduates.
- 90% medical and graduate school placement rates for OC biology graduates who applied in the past seven years.
OC offers 14 academic departments, which operates in one of five colleges (academic divisions):
- College of Biblical Studies
- College of Business Administration
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Natural and Health Sciences.
Students choose from more than 60 majors and 30 additional areas of study.
Our Graduate degrees include the Master of Accountancy, the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Science in Engineering, the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry, the Master of Divinity, and the Master of Theological Studies.
Student Demographics & Enrollment (Fall 2018)
Total Students Enrolled: 2,259
- Undergraduate: 1,911
- Graduate: 348
- 52% men, 48% women
- Countries represented: 42
- States represented: 44
Undergraduate students from:
- Oklahoma: 48%
- Texas: 27%
- Colorado: 3%
- Kansas: 3%
- Missouri: 2%
- California: 2%
- Washington: 2%
- Arkansas: 2%
- Other states and countries: 13%
- Undergraduate ethnic minorities: 27%