Host an Information Session
Information sessions are commonly held in advance to career fairs and/or scheduled on-campus interviews. Interview sessions may be requested/scheduled through Handshake when creating an interview schedule.
Our presentation rooms are equipped with projectors and provide extensions for you to plug up your laptop. Remember to bring your flash drive!
Tips For a Successful Session
- Advertise your event. Make sure to tag us on Social Media through Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Reach out to our Student Organizations in regards to your upcoming event to help boost attendance and interest
- Make sure to invite potential candidates
- Last only about an hour
- Provide more information about your company than what is available on the website
- Recruit recent hires or if available OC hires to provide personal accounts of what it's like to work for the company
- While you do not have to provide food, it always helps
For additional questions, email email@example.com
Set-Up an Information Table
Information tables can be set up in the Gaylord University Center for employers interested in marketing and information dissemination. To request a table, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with dates and times.
Participate in Mock Interviews
Another way to build your presence on campus is by participating in our Mock Interviews. Employers volunteer to conduct these interviews because they want to help OC students do their best in the job market. It also allows employers to identify potential talent for future recruitment needs. Interviews are 30 - 40 minutes and we ask employers volunteer at the minimum, half a day (morning or afternoon).
Based on first come, first serve, Mock Interviews for the 2018 -2019 academic calendar are tentatively scheduled for:
|Fall 2018||Spring 2019|
|Wednesday, October 24||Wednesday, April 3|
|Thursday, October 25||Thursday, April 4|