For patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease), losing the ability to speak is devastating. Students at Oklahoma Christian realized the eyes are the key to giving people with ALS a voice again.
After a distinguished 15-year tenure chairing OC’s Board of Trustees, Don Millican passed the torch to Mark Brewer in April. They reflected on their board service, talked about this place we call home, and shared their hopes and dreams for OC.
At a dinner celebrating the 10-year partnership between OC and Rwanda, Paul Kagame hailed the decade-long relationship, terming it a valuable lesson on the power of human relationships and shared values to drive change and sustain ambitions.
In June 2014, we launched a fundraising campaign unlike any we knew, Thrive. As we celebrate the campaign’s end, we’re also excited to tell you the Thrive model isn’t going anywhere just yet.
An MSE degree in engineering management, earned in 2015, helped get James Wood a promotion … plus recognition as “Engineer of the Year” at Tinker Air Force Base.
Laurie Weathers has a dream job as vice president of business operations for Mercy Clinic. But she knew a master’s degree would be required if she ever wanted to move into another role. An OC MBA was just what the doctor ordered.
Since receiving a master’s degree in ministry from OC’s Graduate School of Theology in 2005, Mitch Wilburn has used his studies to help navigate life-changing experiences.
- Former Seagate exec succeeds Millican as board chair
- Millican testifies on Capitol Hill
- OC Board of Trustees expands to 38 members
- OC grads named to presidential posts
- OC enrollment rises to record high
- OC up in U.S. News college rankings
- Mayor, OC students highlight mental health
- Four OC alumni elected to state legislature
- OC partners with King for church resourcing, service
- LaMascus becomes OC's first Goldwater Scholar
- Student receives selective Newman Civic Fellowship
- Ethics Team places in national top 10
- Airplane design team 5th at international contest
- Programmers place first at regional site, 11th overall
- First MSCS, BS/MS grads earn their degrees
- OC expands online, MBA offerings
- OC students raise money for Stanley Hupfeld Academy
- Therapy dogs fetch praise from OC students
- Bennett elected to Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame
- Hays receives prestigious honor at Final Four
- Findley named on 2017 WBCA Victory Club list
- Heath records win No. 700
- Lynn succeeds Janz as OC athletic director
- OC adds swimming; Olympic champ picked to coach
- OC lands 56 on D2 Academic Achievemtn list
- Stanford, Moon receive Ms. Eagle, Mr. Eagle awards