Half-day, small-group program
Make campus connections at this half-day, small-group program. High school sophomores, juniors, seniors and parents are invited to attend. Eagle for a Day is pre-planned with a specific schedule of events to give students and parents a comprehensive look at OC.
Choose the Eagle for a Day you'd like to attend, and register as soon as possible, as availability is limited.
All Eagle for a Day events begin at the Garvey Center (#29 on the campus map). The Garvey Center (#29) is the first building on the right once you turn on to campus from Memorial Road. There will be registration signs outside of the Garvey Center to signify where registration is located.
- September 4 (Labor Day)
- September 22 (Freshman Fanfare weekend)
- October 9 (Texas Eagle for a Day)
- October 23
- November 3 (Homecoming Weekend)
- November 20(Thanksgiving week)
- November 29, (Day after Lighting of the Commons)
- January 24 (Homeschool Day, created specifically for homeschool students)
- February 19 (President's Day)
- March 30 (Good Friday)
- April 9
Eagle for a Day Activities
Please note that schedule is subject to change.
|9:00||Registration and breakfast
Meet your Admissions Counselor, get your schedule for the day, grab a cinnamon roll, and enjoy some coffee-it's on us!
|9:30||University Welcome and Introduction||
|9:45||Academic Conversations or Campus Walk with student guide||Various campus locations; leaving from Garvey Center Adams Recital Hall|
Worship with our students, faculty, and staff at Big Chapel.
|11:40||Academic Conversations or Campus Walk with student guide||Various campus locations; leaving from Garvey Center Hardeman Auditorium|
Enjoy a complimentary lunch in our campus dining facilities.
|Gaylord University Center
Williams-Branch Center for Biblical Studies
The rest of your day includes optional activities such as:
- Financial Aid 101 Presentation
- Open house opportunities with: Student Financial Services, Study Abroad, Honors Program, and Bridge Program
- Residence Life Tours