The following is a step-by-step guide for completing OC’s international student admission process for undergraduate studies. Please complete each step below as soon as possible for priority consideration.
2. PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
International applicants must send official, original English proficiency test scores. OC accepts the following minimum English proficiency test scores:
- TOEFL - 61 iBT (500 pBT)
School Code: 6086
- IELTS - 6.0
- TOEIC - 600
No English proficiency score is required for students applying to OC's intensive English language program, the Language & Culture Institute (LCI).
Send English proficiency scores by post or courier to the address below.
3. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Send original, official transcripts (grade reports) for all high school and university studies, as well as original, official diplomas, certificates, and national examination results.
All educational documents must be in English or sent with an official English translation.
*Send educational documents by post or courier to the address below.
4. STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
Send a signed Statement of Understanding which describes the rules and expectations of an international student at Oklahoma Christian University.
You may send the Statement of Understanding by email.
5. COPY OF PASSPORT PAGE
You may send this by email.
An initial acceptance letter may be issued based on the completion of the above requirements.
6. FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
- Send official, original bank statements or letters showing a total balance of at least $27,768 (the estimated cost per year, to live and study full time at Oklahoma Christian University). Confirmed OC scholarships may also count toward proof for this total amount.
- Submit a completed Financial Worksheet.
The U.S. government requires these documents to be sent before Oklahoma Christian University can issue an I-20 for obtaining a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
Send financial documents by post or courier.
After the above admission requirements have been received and evaluated, OC may issue a final admission letter and I-20. The admission letter and I-20 will be sent to admitted students with F-1 visa instructions, health & immunization forms, and a housing request form.
Send these additional immigration documents:
- I-94 card (front and back)
- All previous I-20's
Send a OC SEVIS Transfer Release Form, signed by the transfer student, and completed and sent by the university which holds the student's current SEVIS record.
Please note that students must hold legal status in the United States to be eligible for admission.
NEXT STEPS FOR ALL ADMITTED STUDENTS
1. Before enrolling, new students should complete and submit the following:
- Health Form - may be sent by email
- Go to OC's Housing page to reserve your dormitory or apartment space.
2. New students are required to attend Take Flight and Earn Your Wings, a one-week, new student orientation the week before the fall semester starts in August. Please note that you must register and pay for both of these events.
3. First-time international students (freshmen) are not required to submit the SAT or ACT for admission to OC. However, students may qualify for the PASS academic scholarship by taking one of those tests and submitting a minimum score (see PASS award chart). Students may take the ACT at OC before classes begin each fall semester. Please contact your international admission counselor for more information.