Tax Filing

The Office of International Programs partners with the Business Department to assist you with filing for taxes.

  • ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS that were in America at any point during the previous year have to file Form 8843 regardless of whether or not you worked. This form declares to the United States government that you are: an international student, in good standing, and how many days you were in the country. You can complete this form on your own, or at one of the tax help sessions schedule by the International Office. We will give you an envelope with label; you must pay for your own stamp.
  • STUDENTS THAT WORKED in the previous year must ALSO file Form 1040NR for federal taxes, and Form 511 for state taxes. You can complete these forms at one of the tax help sessions. We will give you envelopes with labels; you must pay for your own stamps.