Oklahoma Christian’s Department of Teacher Education has produced countless alumni who were successful in the classroom – both as students and as teachers. OC’s education programs are accredited by the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education. Areas of emphasis include Early Childhood, Elementary, English, Mathematics, Music, Science, and Social Studies.
- Over 200 hours of in-the-field experiences prior to student teaching for Early Childhood and Elementary Education students - far exceeding the state's requirement of 65 hours.
- Reading clinic taught by OC students to help struggling K-3 readers
- Christ-centered instruction
- Fun, hands-on classes with elite faculty
- 100% employment rate
- Job fair held on campus for our senior education majors
- State and nationally accredited
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Critical Issues in Education
- Education of the Exceptional Child
- Methods of Teaching
- The School in American Culture
- All Courses
What I Can Do With My Degree
Teaching (elementary school, middle school, high school). Preparation for graduate school in the following areas: Administration, Curriculum Development, Guidance Counseling, Library/Media Specialist, Literacy Programs
B.S.E. Degree in Early Childhood Education
B.S.E. Degree in Elementary Education
B.S.E. Degree in Secondary Education
The mission of teacher education at Oklahoma Christian University is to prepare teacher education candidates to be Effective Teachers for All Learners. The unit aims to produce academically and pedagogically prepared teachers who serve their students and school constituents and are faithful followers of Christ.
OK Psychological Society to Host Annual Conference at OC April 19
OC encourages organ donor registration in April
OC's free “Night of Comedy” April 13 to benefit Edmond Fine Arts Institute