This degree is designed for students who are preparing to work in the sports, wellness, fitness and recreation professions. This major emphasizes the role of sport, wellness and recreation in the work environment, as well as each student’s individual life. An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree will:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of foundational principles of sport, wellness and recreation and be able to apply these principles to specific work environments.
- Exhibit the ability to adapt to new and changing job environments and to work independently.
- Work effectively with others in a team environment, including being a good leader, as well as supporting the group leader.
- Possess a working knowledge of advanced certification training opportunities in Sport, Wellness and Recreation Management.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the liberal arts, and an ability to think, act and communicate from a Christian worldview in all areas of life.