Are you accredited?
Yes. The Graduate School of Theology is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of College and Universities.

What is the difference between the Master of Arts in Ministry and the Master of Divinity?
The Master of Arts in Ministry is a short, focused degree that specifically prepares you for youth, family, or congregational ministry. The Master of Divinity is a broad, in-depth degree that equips you for ministry and the possibility of further academic study. The Master of Divinity includes more biblical studies, history, theology, and ministry courses. The Master of Divinity is usually required for military chaplaincy.

Do I need to have an undergraduate degree in Bible to apply to the Graduate School of Theology?

No. Students entering the Graduate School of Theology are not required to have an undergraduate degree in Bible. Students with previous biblical or language studies may receive advanced standing.

How much does it cost?

Tuition is $400 per credit hour. If you enter the program, and as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA while in the program, you will automatically earn the Graduate Bible Discount of $135 per credit hour, which lowers your tuition to $265 per credit hour. (This scholarship/tuition reduction is not available for non-degree seeking students.) As a full-time student taking nine hours a semester, your tuition will be $2,385 as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA. You may also apply for departmental scholarships, which may further reduce your total cost.

Are there any fees?

Applicants are required to pay an application fee of $25. Once accepted, all other fees are waived as part of Oklahoma Christian's "Eagles Fly Fee Free" campaign. 

Is financial aid available?
Yes. Financial aid is available to students who meet financial aid qualifications. For information on financial assistance, please contact the OC Office of Financial Services at 405-425-5190. 

Are scholarships available?

Yes. There are departmental scholarships available through the Graduate School of Theology. These scholarships are independent from any federal financial assistance you may receive. You must apply for these scholarships prior to the fall semester of each academic year. Click here for the departmental scholarship application.

Is campus housing available?
Yes. OC has campus apartments available for rent. For information on the latest rates and other housing information, please contact the Oklahoma Christian University Apartments at 405-425-5780.

What opportunities are available after graduation?

Our graduates become family, youth, college, education, and spiritual life ministers, missionaries, preachers, elders, deacons, military and hospital chaplains, and pursue doctorate degrees.

When do you admit new students in the Graduate School of Theology?

You can apply to enter in the spring, summer, and fall semesters. We must receive all application materials no later than one month prior to the start of the semester in which you wish to begin.

Do you have online classes?

Yes, distance learning courses are available. The number of distance learning hours that may be applied toward your degree is limited.

Do you have online degrees?

No. We do not have any online degrees available at this time. While it is possible to take several required degree classes online, enrollment in on-campus classes is required for degree completion.

When do your classes meet?

Courses are offered during the regular academic semester on Tuesdays. This schedule allows students to drive to campus from some distance and take all of their course work with a single commute each week. It also allows local residents to take courses while maintaining their employment. In addition, short intensive courses (both one-week and weekend formats) are available in January, May, and at various times during the summer to supplement the course schedule.  Finally, several distance courses are available.

How long does it take to complete the degree programs?
The answer depends on how many hours a student takes each year. A full-time graduate load is nine credit hours per semester (six hours in the summer). For a full-time student, the M.A. in Ministry degree can generally be completed in 2 years. The Master of Divinity degree can generally be completed within 4 years. M.Div. students are encouraged to pursue graduate studies full-time if possible. 

Is there a time limit to complete the degrees?

The standard time limit is seven years for the M.A. and ten years for the M.Div. Additional time may be available through approved leave of absence semesters.

Can I transfer hours into your program?
While there is no automatic transfer of credit, hours with a grade of B or better from regionally accredited institutions are usually acceptable. Normally, no more than nine transfer hours may be used to fulfill degree requirements in the M.A. No more than 18 hours may be transferred to the M.Div.

Can I use hours from previous graduate degrees in your program?

The number of hours from a previous graduate degree that can be applied to a subsequent degree is limited to 50%. No more than 50% of hours applied to a previous degree may be accepted toward a subsequent degree, and no more than 1/2 of the hours of a degree can be earned in this way.

Find OC on: