Dialogismos accepts submissions in three categories (the category should be labeled appropriately at
- Articles – full-length (i.e., 8,000–10,000 words, excluding footnotes), fully-developed pieces that reflect clear theory/model/methodology applied to a pertinent topic or text.
- Explorations – more tentative and exploratory pieces that may not be as fully developed as articles but are still worthy of publication in order to generate interest and dialogue; these are still expected to reflect clear theoretical and methodological thought, but conclusions and applications may yet be tentative (minimum of 5,000 words)
- Book Reviews -- reviews of books, articles, software, theories, models, and methods (minimum of 1,000 words and a maximum of 1,500 words).
- Review Articles – review articles are more substantial examinations and evaluations of books, articles, theories, models, methods and should have a minimum of 5,000 words
Submissions should be in English and should follow the most recent edition of the Turabian style guide (footnote and bibliography style, not author-date style). Please use the fonts available from SBL for biblical languages. Submissions not following the style guide will be returned to the author for revision before being considered by the editors.
Submissions should be sent in electronic format (Microsoft Word or RTF format) to Mr. Josh Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with an abstract not longer than 100 words and an identification of the type of article being submitted (i.e., article, exploration, review). By submitting, the author agrees that she or he has not already published the work elsewhere. If published in Dialogismos, the author agrees to not publish the work elsewhere without permission.
Copyright notice. All materials published in Dialogismos, in any format (electronic or print) are copyrighted by Oklahoma Christian University. Items published in Dialogismos are published under Creative Commons licenses. Authors publishing in Dialogismos can use the following Creative Commons licenses for their articles:
- Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY)
- Creative Commons Non-Commercial license (
- Creative Commons non-Commercial No Derivatives license (CC BY-NC-ND).
Please click here for more information about the Creative Commons licenses.