Professionals consider graduate studies for a variety of reasons - some to advance their careers and others to continue their education in order to add new depth to their lives' work. Whatever your reasons, we understand the commitment you're considering. Students from all academic disciplines are invited to apply to Oklahoma Christian University's graduate business programs, provided they hold a bachelors' degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
To apply to the Graduate School of Business, the following materials must be submitted:
- A completed online application (including an application fee)
- Official transcripts from the college or university that granted your bachelor's degree and any other institutions attended before or after that time. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for admission; however, students with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 may be admitted on probation, which will be removed upon completion of 12 graduate credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and/or any other deficiencies.
- Three recommendations from professors, employers, or someone who supports you in your decision to earn your master's degree. (Request Recommendations here.)
- GMAT (450 minimum) or GRE test scores (285 minimum with at least a 3.0 on the written section) that were issued within the last five yearrs. This requirement can be waived if your cumulative undergraduate GPA was 3.25 or greater and you have no work experience, if your cumulative undergraduate GPA was 3.0 and you have five years of work experience, or if you have successfully completed nine graduate hours at an accredited university.
- For more information on the GRE, click here.
For more information on the GMAT, click here.
- Current resume.
Individual interviews may need to be scheduled with program evaluation personnel after all application materials have been submitted. For confirmation of correspondence or to ask any questions regarding this program or your admission status, call Graduate School of Business Admissions at 405.425.5562.
Should students making satisfactory progress toward the degree have to drop out of the program, they may re-enter at a later date. The degree must be completed within seven years.
Domestic applicants, please send all graduate business application materials to:
Dr. Ken Johnson
Graduate School of Business
Oklahoma Christian University
P.O. Box 11000
Oklahoma City, OK 73136-11000
International applicants, please see additional requirements and contact information below.
To begin the international admissions process, please contact any of the International Admissions Counselors to schedule an appointment and submit application materials:
Mailing address: Oklahoma Christian University, Office of International Programs, 2501 E. Memorial Road, Edmond, OK 73013, USA
Office address: Heritage Plaza at 13800 Benson Road, Suite 106, Edmond, OK 73013
In addition to the requirements listed above, international applicants must complete the following requirements and submit all documents to the Office of International Programs to be considered for admission and I-20 issuance:
- Official transcripts and degree certificates must be submitted from each college or university attended.
- Official transcripts and degree certificates issued in a foreign language must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Official transcripts and degree certificates must be submitted in person or sent by mail or courier.
Comprehensive Course-by-Course Evaluation
- An evaluation of all transcripts and degree certificates of degrees earned outside the U.S. must be submitted from World Educational Services.
- WES evaluation instructions can be found here.
- For more information regarding the preferred credential evaluation service, contact the Graduate School of Business or the Office of International Programs.
Minimum English Proficiency
Students whose first language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency. OC accepts the following English proficiency tests and minimum scores:
TOEFL IELTS TOEIC
550 pBT or 79 iBT 6.5 750
Applicants who are unable to submit a minimum English proficiency test score may gain English proficiency by studying in OC's ESL program, the Language and Culture Institute (LCI). For more information about LCI, email Mr. Lj Littlejohn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Documentation is required by OC and the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), and must be submitted in person, or by mail or courier.
- Completed Graduate School of Business Financial Worksheet
- Official, original bank statements or letters, showing proof of funds available for one full year of support.
- An Affidavit of Support is required in the case of third party funding of support.
- A Dependent Data Form is used to declare any dependents an international student may have.
Cost of Program
The cost of the MBA or MAcc program is $540 per credit hour for international students that cost per credit hour includes the leveling courses.
In order confirm your intent to enroll at Oklahoma Christian University, a refundable enrollment deposit of $1500 is required. This deposit saves your place in OC's incoming class by allowing you to enroll in classes. Your enrollment deposit will be applied as a credit to help offset the cost of your first semester’s tuition cost.
Your $1500 enrollment deposits may be made using the following payment link - www.peertransfer.com/school/oc.
Statement of Understanding
A signed Statement of Understanding, detailing expectations for international students at OC, may be sent by email.
Copies of the following may be sent by email:
- Passport photo page
- Visa page
- 1-94 card (front and back)
- Copies of all I-20's
SEVIS Transfer Release Form
International students transferring from another U.S. educational institution must request that their current institution complete the SEVIS Transfer Release Form and have it sent to the Office of International Programs.
International Students must maintain full-time enrollment (at least 9 hours) as required by the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) to maintain student status.