To Audition for a Preaching Scholarship:
No later than February 15th, complete all of the steps below.
1. If you have not already done so, fill out the New Student Bible Major Scholarship Application
2. Have a church leader fill out the Student Recommendation Form. To request a form, please contact Dr. Doug Peters at email@example.com.
3. Submit a one-page sermon synopsis containing the following:
- One primary biblical text.
- A Focus Statement - a short description of the central theme of the sermon - what the sermon is about.
- A Function Statement - a short description of the desired change in the hearers - what the sermon aims to do.
- A brief outline of the introduction, main body (points or moves), and conclusion.
4. Submit an 8-10 minute video of the applicant preaching the sermon described in the one-page synopsis.
Note: Please email your one-page sermon synopsis and link to YouTube video of your sermon to Dr. Doug Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preaching Scholarships combined with Bible and Academic Scholarships:
|Academic Scholarship||Preaching||Bible||Annual Total|
The total award for individual students may be adjusted based on amount available in endowed scholarship funds.