B.S.E. Degree in Secondary Education
Major: English, Mathematics, Music, Science, Social Studies
Licensure: English - Grades 6-12, Mathematics – Grades 6-12, Science – Grades 6-12, Social Studies – Grades 6-12
See the respective departments for requirements in the major and suggested program.
2. Professional Education, 25 semester hours
3. 8 hours other courses
4. 3 semester hours of a methods course in the subject area
5. Foreign Language Competency
- High School Foreign Language – 2 years of same language with a grade of “C” or better
- University credit – 3 hours foreign language (including American Sign Language) with a grade of “C” or better.
- Teaching (elementary school, middle school, high school and university level)
- Curriculum Development
- Guidance Counseling
- Public Libraries
- Program Development
- Literacy Programs