B.S. Degree in Information Systems
75 hours, no minor required
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems will:
- Apply essential financial, management, and marketing principles to effectively solve problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Recognize the ethical and appropriate use of technology to improve the business processes of an organization.
- Exhibit the ability to adapt to new environments, apply research methodologies, and to learn independently.
- Work effectively in a team environment, including the ability to describe complex ideas and logical arguments in a clear, concise manner using both written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the liberal arts, and an ability to think, act, and communicate from a Christian worldview in all areas of life.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 24 hours lower division courses
- CMSC-1003 - Intro to Info Tech
- CMSC-1113 - Programming I
- CMSC-1123 - Programming II
- CMSC-2133 - Object Oriented Programming
- CMSC-2413 - Introduction to Assembly Language
- CMSC-2423 - Introduction to File Processing
- MATH-1623 - Intro to Discrete Math
- MATH-2913 - Statistical Methods
2. 7 hours upper division courses
- CMSC-3243 - Computers and Society
- CMSC-3443 - Computer Org & Arch
- CMSC-4811 - SS: Special Studies Comp Sci
3. 3 hours chosen from
4. 3 hours mathematics
5. 12 hours computer science
- CMSC-4103 - Data Comm & Networking
- CMSC-4123 - Intro Software Tools
- CMSC-4213 - Sys Anal & Des Methods
- CMSC-4323 - Database Processing
6. 2 hours of computer language
7. 6 hours any 3000/4000 Computer Science not used previously
8. 18 hours business courses choose from
- Mathematics Teacher
- Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Analyst
For more information, contact: