If you take this degree you will be prepared to work in a career using gaming and animation technologies; including knowledge and skills with tools like Mya, Unity, and Unreal. The specialized courses include Intro to Game Technology, 3D Modeling, Game History and Development, Team Game Production, and Game Programming. Industries using these technologies are gaming, marketing, training, and simulation. Since this degree includes the core Computer Science courses, you will also be equipped to apply for a Computer Science job with almost any business.
This degree is eligible for the dual degree program that allows you to earn bachelor’s and master’s degrees at the same time.
Specific objectives for a graduate with a B.S. in Computer Science with Gaming and Animation are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply core Computer Science principles, knowledge, and skills to solve problems using computers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply gaming and animation principles, knowledge and skills to solve problems in gaming and animation industries, using gaming and animation technologies.
- Apply a Christian worldview in the practice of Computer Science.
- Be prepared for a career and/or vocation using Computer Science, especially in the gaming and animation field.
As a graduate, you will have the skills in Gaming and Animation that are needed in an ever-growing number of industries that are moving to use 3D visualizations, VR, and AR technologies. Or, lean on your CS skills for a career in these fields: technology, finance, retail, manufacturing, energy, healthcare, aerospace, government, education, and entertainment. Each industry offers opportunities in solution technologies such as; Internet, user interface, gaming, mobile, visualization, and database technologies.
Expect entry-level jobs including Game Developer, Computer Scientist, Programmer, Software Engineer, System Analyst, or Quality Assurance Analyst leading to more senior positions like Technical Manager, Product Manager, Project Manager, System Architect, and Database Administrator.
- Computer Game Designer/Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Analyst