If you take this degree, you will be prepared for entry level positions in public, private, or governmental cybersecurity. The specialized courses include Intro to Cybersecurity, Data Communications, Network Security, Cloud Architecture and Security, and Network Forensics. Every industry is using cybersecurity technologies to protect their company's data and computer systems.
This degree is eligible for the dual degree program that allows you to earn a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree at the same time.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Cybersecurity will:
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to apply core Computer Science principles, knowledge, and skills to solve problems using computers.
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to apply cybersecurity principles, knowledge and skills to create and protect computer systems from cyber attacks.
- Apply a Christian worldview in the practice of Computer Science.
- Be prepared for a career and/or vocation using Computer Science, especially in the cybersecurity field.
This degree prepares you for cybersecurity certifications:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- CompTIA Network+ and Security+
- Certified Cloud Security Professional
- Certified Cyber Forensics Professional
Every industry is under attack from those who want to maliciously enter their systems. Computer Scientists with skills in Cybersecurity are needed in technology, finance, retail, manufacturing, energy, healthcare, aerospace, government, education, and entertainment. Each industry offers opportunities in network design, cyber forensics, and threat prevention.
Expect entry level jobs like Information Security analyst, Application Security Analyst, Network Security Engineer, or Cyber Forensics Analyst with each position leading to more senior roles like Information Security Manager, Information Assurance Manager, Project Manager, System Architect, and Database Administrator.
- Information Security Analyst
- Application Security Analyst
- Network Security Engineer
- Cyber Forensics Analyst
- Computer Scientist
- Software Engineer
- System Analyst or Quality Assurance Analyst