B.S. Degree in Chemistry
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry will:
1. Be able to think critically, with special emphasis on application to his or her scientific field. The department will provide a solid foundation of technical knowledge
and essential methodologies for learning and practice that will permit these graduates to be productive and successful in graduate school, professional school, or
2. Serve in the Christian community in all areas of life. Graduates will have internalized a personal faith in God exhibited by:
a. Ethical decision making in the workplace;
b. An exemplary work ethic and lifestyle consistent with a Christian worldview; and
c. A stable life that successfully balances career, family, church, and community.
3. Communicate effectively with the tools of the information age. Graduates will have been exposed to both written and oral scientific communication, and will
have had the opportunity to both write and present scientific work. Where possible, students will have been involved in undergraduate research and will make
presentations of their own research.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 12 hours calculus
2. 11 hours physics and laboratory
3. 43 hours chemistry
4. 7 hours technical electives chosen from
No more than 3 hours of Practicum in Forensic Science courses may be
counted toward the chemistry major.
5. 5 hours science seminar
Students planning to pursue graduate work in chemistry should include MATH-
3013-Differential Equations and one computer science course (CMSC-1113-
Programming I, CMSC-1123-Programming II, or CMSC-2133-Object Oriented
Lets get started! Or do you need more information?Apply Now Visit Campus