The Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Sports Management focuses on the business and administrative aspects of the sport industry and prepares students for careers such as working in the front office of an professional sport organization; as an administrator of a fitness club; or as an athletic director of a school. This degree is for students preparing for a career in supervisory and management positions, particularly within the sports industry.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will demonstrate:
- Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic, clarity, and kindness.
- An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively in order to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
- A heightened awareness of values, ethics, and service to others.
- Knowledge of diversity, opportunity, and complexity within a global society.
- An understanding of the importance of strategic decisions and their long-term impacts.
- The development of skills basic to a chosen profession or field of study.
- An understanding and appreciation of group dynamics and teamwork.
- The ability to provide leadership for the organizations they choose for careers.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 13 hours lower division
ACCT-2113 - Accounting Principles I
ACCT-2213 - Accounting Principles II
BUSA-1211 - Introduction to Business
ECON-2113 - Macroeconomic Principles
ECON-2213 - Microeconomic Principles
2. 18 hours upper division
BUSA-3213 - Business Law
BUSA-3713 - Business Ethics
FINC-3313 - Principles of Finance
INTL-3313 - International Business
MGMT-3113 - Principles of Management
MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
3. 3 hours capstone
MGMT-4613 - Strategic Management
4. 24 hours specialized sports management courses
MKTG-3713 - Sales Management and the Sales Process
SPMG-3313 - Principles and Practices of Sport Administration
SPMG-3413 - Managing Sport Organizations
SPMG-3513 - Sports in Society
SPMG-3613 - Sport and Event Promotion
SPMG-4113 - Legal Aspects of Sports
SPMG-4213 - Facility Design and Event Planning
SPMG-4993 - Internship in Sport Management
5. 6 hours business elective courses
ACCT-3313 - Cost Accounting
INFO-3113 - Principles of Electronic Business
6. 7 hours general elective courses
- Corporate Finance
- Event Planner
- Facility Manager
- Product Management
- Sports Agent
- Sports Information