The Marketing Management program prepares students for traditional marketing, promotion, sales, sales management, and marketing research responsibilities. This specialization develops skills for the recognition and analysis of marketing problems, both from the organizational and external market perspectives.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will demonstrate:
1. Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic, clarity, and kindness.
2. An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively in order to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
3. A heightened awareness of values, ethics, and service to others.
4. Knowledge of diversity, opportunity, and complexity within a global society.
5. An understanding of the importance of strategic decisions and their long-term impacts.
6. The development of skills basic to a chosen profession or field of study.
7. An understanding and appreciation of group dynamics and teamwork.
8. The ability to provide leadership for the organizations they choose for careers.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 13 hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 - Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 - Accounting Principles II
- BUSA-1211 - Introduction to Business
- ECON-2113 - Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 - Microeconomic Principles
2. 18 hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 - Business Law
- BUSA-3713 - Business Ethics
- FINC-3313 - Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 - International Business
- MGMT-3113 - Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
3. 3 hours capstone
4. 6 hours required specialized courses
5. 12 hours of specialized required
- MKTG-3413 - Consumer Behavior
- MKTG-3713 - Sales Management and the Sales Process
- MKTG-4513 - Marketing Research
- MKTG-4613 - Marketing Management
6. 12 hours professional selling
- COMM-3733 - Media Marketing and Sales
- MGMT-3323 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
3 hours of internship or advisor approved course