The Business Management program is oriented toward the behavioral and organizational aspects of industrial, commercial, and institutional organizations. This degree is for students preparing for a career in supervisory and management positions.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will demonstrate:
1. Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic, clarity, and kindness.
2. An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively in order to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
3. A heightened awareness of values, ethics, and service to others.
4. Knowledge of diversity, opportunity, and complexity within a global society.
5. An understanding of the importance of strategic decisions and their long-term impacts.
6. The development of skills basic to a chosen profession or field of study.
7. An understanding and appreciation of group dynamics and teamwork.
8. The ability to provide leadership for the organizations they choose for careers.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 13 hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 - Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 - Accounting Principles II
- BUSA-1211 - Introduction to Business
- ECON-2113 - Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 - Microeconomic Principles
2. 18 hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 - Business Law
- BUSA-3713 - Business Ethics
- FINC-3313 - Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 - International Business
- MGMT-3113 - Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
3. 3 hours capstone
- MGMT-4613 - Strategic Management
4. 12 hours specialized management courses
- MGMT-3213 - Operations Management
- MGMT-3323 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- MGMT-4313 - Organizational Behavior
- MGMT-4513 - Human Resource Management
5. 6 hours of specialized elective courses chosen from
- MGMT-3533 - Issues in Management
- MGMT-4413 - International Management
- MGMT-4993 - Internship in Management
6. 6 hours required business courses
- ACCT-3313 - Cost Accounting
- INFO-3613 - Management Information Systems
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Investment Banking
- Product Management