B.B.A. Degree in Management
The Business Management program is oriented toward the behavioral and organizational aspects of industrial, commercial, and institutional organizations. This degree is for students preparing for a career in supervisory and management positions.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will demonstrate:
- Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic, clarity, and kindness.
- An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively in order to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
- A heightened awareness of values, ethics, and service to others.
- Knowledge of diversity, opportunity, and complexity within a global society.
- An understanding of the importance of strategic decisions and their long-term impacts.
- The development of skills basic to a chosen profession or field of study.
- An understanding and appreciation of group dynamics and teamwork.
- The ability to provide leadership for the organizations they choose for careers.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 13 hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 - Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 - Accounting Principles II
- BUSA-1211 - Introduction to Business
- ECON-2113 - Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 - Microeconomic Principles
2. 18 hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 - Business Law
- BUSA-3713 - Business Ethics
- FINC-3313 - Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 - International Business
- MGMT-3113 - Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
3. 3 hours capstone
4. 12 hours specialized management courses
- MGMT-3213 - Operations Management
- MGMT-3323 - Entrepreneurship & Small Business Mgmt
- MGMT-4313 - Organizational Behavior
- MGMT-4513 - Human Resource Management
5. 6 hours of specialized elective courses chosen from
- MGMT-3533 - Issues in Management
- MGMT-4413 - International Management
- MGMT-4993 - Internship in Management
6. 6 hours required business courses
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Investment Banking
- Product Management
For more information, contact:
Dr. Phil Lewis