64 hours, no minor required
The finance major promotes the development of effective practitioners. Graduates go directly to the work force in the financial services sector or business financial management. Others find finance helpful for graduate business, law, and other professional fields.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will demonstrate:
- Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic, clarity, and kindness.
- An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively in order to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
- A heightened awareness of values, ethics, and service to others.
- Knowledge of diversity, opportunity, and complexity within a global society.
- An understanding of the importance of strategic decisions and their long-term impacts.
- The development of skills basic to a chosen profession or field of study.
- An understanding and appreciation of group dynamics and teamwork.
- The ability to provide leadership for the organizations they choose for careers.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 13 hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 - Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 - Accounting Principles II
- BUSA-1211 - Introduction to Business
- ECON-2113 - Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 - Microeconomic Principles
2. 18 hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 - Business Law
- BUSA-3713 - Business Ethics
- FINC-3313 - Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 - International Business
- MGMT-3113 - Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
3. 3 hours capstone
4. 9 hours specialized courses
- FINC-4113 - Advanced Financial Management
- FINC-4313 - Financial Markets and Institutions
- ACCT-4513 - Financial Accounting Statement Analysis
5. 12 hours specialized finance courses chosen from
- FINC-3513 - Money and Banking
- FINC-3613 - Investments
- FINC-4123 - International Finance
- FINC-3813 - Personal Finance
- FINC-4513 - Topics in Finance
- FINC-4713 - Principles of Insurance
6. 3 hours accounting chosen from
7. 6 hours business
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Investment Banking
- Product Management