70 hours, no minor required
Students following this program are prepared for entry-level positions in public, private, or governmental accounting. Educational requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination currently vary among states. All students sitting for the CPA exam in the State of Oklahoma are required to have 150 hours of college credit, including 36 hours of upper-level accounting courses. You may fulfill this requirement by enrolling in the MBA program during the last semester of your senior year or taking additional undergraduate hours.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will demonstrate:
- Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic, clarity, and kindness.
- An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively in order to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
- A heightened awareness of values, ethics, and service to others.
- Knowledge of diversity, opportunity, and complexity within a global society.
- An understanding of the importance of strategic decisions and their long-term impacts.
- The development of skills basic to a chosen profession or field of study.
- An understanding and appreciation of group dynamics and teamwork.
- The ability to provide leadership for the organizations they choose for careers.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 13 hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 - Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 - Accounting Principles II
- BUSA-1211 - Introduction to Business
- ECON-2113 - Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 - Microeconomic Principles
2. 18 hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 - Business Law
- BUSA-3713 - Business Ethics
- FINC-3313 - Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 - International Business
- MGMT-3113 - Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
3. 3 hours capstone
- MGMT-4613 - Strategic Mangement
4. 24 hours specialized courses
- ACCT-3113 - Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT-3213 - Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT-3313 - Cost Accounting
- ACCT-3413 - Income Taxation
- ACCT-3513 - Advanced Federal Taxation
- ACCT-4113 - Advanced Accounting I
- ACCT-4413 - Auditing
- ACCT-4513 - Financial Accounting Statement Analysis
5. 6 hours specialized courses chosen from
- ACCT-3713 - Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT-4213 - Advanced Accounting II
- ACCT-4313 - Advanced Cost Accounting
- ACCT-4423 - Ethics and Auditing Concepts
6. 6 hours electives chosen from
- INFO-3113 - Principles of Electronic Business
- INFO-3613 - Management Information Systems
- MGMT-3213 - Operations Management
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Investment Banking
- Product Management