This degree is for persons wanting a professional career in the photographic arts with capabilities in fine art, digital and commercial applications.
An OC graduate with a BA in Photography + Video will:
1. Demonstrate effective problem solving skills as applied to visual communications, artistic expression, and photographic processes. 2. Demonstrate a working understanding of photographic, film and art histories.
3. Articulate an understanding of one’s integration of faith and design/artistic expression.
4. Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and think independently.
5. Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and creative expression.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
Degree Requirements: 72 hours
18 hours art core
- ARTS-1103 Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-1113 Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1413 Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-2523 Form and Communication
- ARTS-3773 The Business of Branding Yourself
- ARTS-4213 Open Studio
12 hours art history
- ARTS-2423 History of Photography and Motion Pictures
- ARTS-3333 History of Design
- ARTS-3343 Ancient to Modern Art History
- ARTS-3353 Contemporary Art
15 hours communication design
- ARTS-2223 Intro to Communication Design
- ARTS-2233 Type as Visual Language
- ARTS-2323 Digital Design for Print
- COMM-2643 Media Production
- COMM-3703 Computer Graphics for Broadcast
18 hours photography and video
- ARTS-2403 Digital Photography
- ARTS-3363 Photography I
- ARTS-3373 Photography II
- ARTS-3383 Motion Imagery
- ARTS-4333 Commercial Studio Photography
- ARTS-4653 Photo + Video Capstone
9 hours art electives
- Take 9 hours from Art Department. Internship with approval by advisor.