B.F.A. in Interior Design – Places of Employment, Achievements, Graduate and Retention Information
Highlighted Alumni and Achievements
Lani currently works for Timberlake Construction as an Assistant Project Manager; a multi-million dollar company in Oklahoma City. Since graduating from OC, with a Bachelors in Interior Design and Masters in Business Administration, Lani has received numerous design awards and recognized for excellence in the design industry. Through her previous company, Design+Build Group (Oklahoma City) they were recognized on the Inc 500/5000 list for 2010, 2011, 2012, as well as the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce’s Metro 50 list for 2010 and 2011.
With Design+Build Group, Lani served as Project Engineer and Project Manager, completing numerous projects such as the Ford Center, Phase B3; Thunder Basketball team’s Press Box; a private 14,000 sq ft law office; Midtown Condo Development; Saint Anthony’s Health First Clinic remodel; Mc Bride Orthopedic Accounting and Human Resources Offices; Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation Plaza and numerous others . She also served as the Estimating Manager for 2 years, accumulating over $30 million in contract bids.
Lani received her OSHA 30 certification in construction and is in the process of receiving her PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification.
Macy (Mason) White
Macy is the owner/operator of Designs by MK.
Macy started this company with the passion for interior design in hopes to help people, make their house a home. She graduated from Oklahoma Christian University with a degree in Interior Design. She works with traditional style, contemporary, and everything in between!
On her website, www.designsbymk.com she inspires people by saying “Your home is exactly how it sounds, "YOUR home". It should have your likes and loves, everything down to patterns and colors.” She has served numerous clients in the Oklahoma City area and enjoys the process of design and watching it come to life, making her client’s dream become reality.
After graduating from OC (2011), PingPing followed her dream to complete her Masters in Sustainable Interior Design (2013) at the New York School of Interior Design. After graduating, she secured a job with DMDesign LLC as their junior Interior Designer, completing exciting projects such as The Sapphire Bakery, Dear Irving Lounge and Apartments, and has been published in local New York publications for kitchen designs. She also received her LEED Certification in December of 2013.
Ever heard of the OtterBox? Most have if you own an Iphone that you don’t want to shatter! Jacque, along with her company, Blue Ocean Enterprises, design and manage the projects for the OtterBox company where they recently won the ASID Crystal Award for “Best Commercial Design over 20,000 sqft” in the state of Colorado for 2014. She reflected on the moment by saying “we beat out 2 Gensler projects in the same category and were quite proud to go up against one of the world’s top giants in the (design) industry.” http://www.coloradoan.com/story/money/2014/04/01/otterbox-grows-into-5-story-old-town-building/7182999/
Another project was the Canyon Place published in the ‘Colorado Homes and Lifestyles’ and made the front page! http://issuu.com/ncihomedesign/docs/asid_2014
A current project in development (2014) featured many of her design renderings in The Coloradoan: http://www.coloradoan.com/story/money/2014/05/24/galvanize-brings-money-mentors-meeting-space-downtown/9530987/ for the company called Galvanize. Her work can also be seen in the Northern Colorado Business Report: http://www.ncbr.com/article/20140523/NEWS/140529957
During her time in Nashville, she also enjoyed working on a project for ‘Hands on Nashville and The Center for Nonprofit Management’ in Nashville, TN. It was featured in ‘The New York Times’ for the Trolley Barns & Rolling Mill Hill development in downtown Nashville.
Jacque received her NCIDQ certification 2 years after graduation and is a current member of IIDA serving in a variety of leadership capacities. She currently resides in Colorado.
Megan (Taylor) Wilkes
Megan is an entrepreneur at heart and her passions reflect that! After graduating from OC, she completed design work for the Kitchen Showroom at Forest Lumber Company (OKC) and later served as designer/project engineer for Design+Build Group. She received her NCIDQ certification in 2011. She and her husband Paul (along with their 2 dogs) currently live in Oak Cliff of the Dallas, Texas area and she works as a freelance designer for Megan Wilkes Interiors. Current projects include the Glass Optical in Oak Cliff, Texas; The Gipson Lofts, located in Deep Ellum across from Fair Park, where she remodeled a 1600 sq ft living space with a communal area, dining room, and bedroom. She is also well known and published for her Emporium Pie shop, located in the Bishops Arts District of Oak Cliff. A 1920’s bungalow style home was gutted and converted into a 900 sq ft pie and coffee shop with a full commercial kitchen. Other notable/published projects are featured on her website. www.meganwilkes.com
Megan was also honored with the Oklahoma Christian University Art and Design Alumni of the Year Award in 2013.
Mary Kate Boice
Kate, her husband Joe, Lucy (the dog) and their soon to be newest addition to the family (It’s a GIRL!) live in San Jose California where Kate serves as Options Coordinator for model homes in a variety of communities and home builders. Several include the Toll Brothers http://www.tollbrothers.com/CA?cmpid=12gogle2&utm_source=Google_PPC&gclid=CI2B_qXd7L8CFSdp7AodHxkADw with their Diablo Estates, The Ridge at Brisbane, and Jordan Ranch. DeNova Homes http://www.denovahomes.com/press/ showcases in the Amberleaf, Cimmaron, Savona and Drake’s Bend Communities. Other builders include Summerhill Homes, Braddock & Logan, Robson Homes and Nuvera Homes.
Christa Ryckbost is a respected designer in the Oklahoma City area where she has worked at 2 major firms: Benham Group, now known as Leidos, and currently using her talents at Guernsey. She is a registered designer in Oklahoma and has her NCIDQ certification. She and her husband, Paul, with their beautiful daughter, Addison, live in the Lincoln Terrace historical district of Oklahoma City. Her project list is lengthy and impressive.
GUERNSEY PROJECTS (2012-Present)
- SOF HQ Basement Renovation and Outdoor Training Facility; Fort Carson, Broomfield, CO(2012)
- Recovery Athletic Stadium for Fort Hood; Ft. Hood, Killeen, TX (2012)
- West Point Building #667 Renovation; West Point, NY (2013-2014)
- Oklahoma Air National Guard Building 1008 Renovation; Oklahoma City, OK (2013-2014)
- Renovation of BEQs 21-23; Point Mugu Naval Station; Ventura, CA (2012-2013)
- Devon Artesia Regional Office Building; Artesia, NM (2013)
- Guernsey Corporate Headquarters Renovation; Oklahoma City, OK (2013)
- Latrine Renovation at Ft. Sill; Lawton, OK (2013)
- Oklahoma City Airport Trust Consolidated Rental Car Facility at WRWA; Oklahoma City, OK (2013-Present)
- Southwind Construction 3rd Party Submittal Review; Oklahoma City, OK (2013)
- OKC Fairground ADA Re-Packaging; Oklahoma City, OK (2013)
- OSU Engineering North MAE South Office Remodel; Stillwater, OK (2013)
- Hangar 1 Interior Renovation WRWA; Oklahoma City, OK (2013)
- Toronto Raptors Practice Facility; Toronto, Ontario (2013-Present)
- Express Employment Professionals Franchise Interior; Oklahoma City, OK (2013-2014)
- Devon San Angelo Regional Office Building; San Angelo, TX (2013-2014)
- Devon Stillwater Regional Office Building; Stillwater, OK (2014)
- American Fidelity Assurance Company Corporate Headquarters Relocation; Oklahoma City, OK (13-Present)
- 10th Floor Renovation
- 12th Floor Limited Renovation
- Reception Hall
- 2nd Floor Renovation
- Fitness Center
- Ground Floor Elevator
- Signage Standard
- Ground Floor Renovation
ANTICIPATED: 11th Floor Renovation, 7th Floor Renovation, 6th Floor Renovation, 5th Floor Renovation, 4th Floor Renovation, 3rd Floor Conference Center, Lobby and First Floor Renovation, Print Shop Renovation, Cafeteria, Production Facility Renovation
BENHAM/SEE&I PROJECTS (2008-2012)
- Chesapeake Energy Arena (formerly Ford Center) Renovation & Expansion; Oklahoma City, OK (2008-2011)
- First Fidelity Bank Interior Remodel; Norman, OK (2008)
- Peggy & Charles Stephenson Cancer Center (formerly OU Cancer Institute); Oklahoma City, OK (2009-2010)
- Cactus Drilling Headquarters; Oklahoma City, OK (2010)
- Tinker Building 3001 Hangar Door & Lean-To Addition; Tinker Air Force Base, Midwest City, OK (2011-2012)
- Space & Naval Warfare Systems Command Watchfloor Remodel; Naples, Italy (2011-2012)
- SAIC Office Remodels (Tennant Finish Out); Nationwide (2011-2012)
- ERMC Health & Dental Clinic Regional Master Plan; Bavaria, Germany (2012)
Images of her work:
Job Placement Rates
100% of graduating seniors (December 2013- May 2014) that applied for design jobs were employed by no later than June of 2014.
Acceptance to Graduate Programs
100% of students that applied to graduate schools were accepted in 2013-2014. Schools included Pratt Institute in NYC and Manchester Metropolitan University.
75% of the students from the graduating class of 2013, who entered the university as an interior design major graduated in 4 years.
The Interior Design program has had 42 graduates since 2006.
100% of Second Year through Fourth Year students return to the university to complete their BFA degree in Interior Design.
Places of Employment
Our graduates are award winning, multi-million dollar project designers in firms across the United States and abroad. Below is a sampling of the many companies they represent.
- Office Concepts, OKC, OK
- Closets by Design , Exton, PA
- Hornbeek Blatt, Edmond, OK
- Neely Design Associates, OKC, OK
- Star Lumber and Supply – Design Division, OKC, OK
- Guernsey – OKC, OK
- Tap Architecture – OKC, OK
- Megan Wilkes Designs – Oak Cliff, Texas
- Design Build Group – OKC, OK
- Office Concepts – OKC, OK
- BD Home – Edmond, OK
- Blue Ocean Enterprises - Fort Collins, CO
- Timberlake Construction, - OKC, OK
- DMDesign – NYC, NY
- DesignsbyMK – Edmond, OK
- Housewear – OKC, OK
- Workplace Resource - Edmond, OK
- China Architecture and Research Group – Beijing, China