B.F.A. Degree in Interior Design
This major is for persons wanting a career in residential or commercial interior design or a specialty design area.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Interior Design will:
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills as applied to visual communications, artistic expression, and graphic design.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of art history: genres, artists, movements, and practitioners.
- Articulate an understanding of one’s integration of faith and design/artistic expression.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and think independently.
- Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and creative expression.
- Demonstrate an ability to reproduce a visual impression/representation of form, substance, light, and shadow through figure and perspective drawing.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 6 hours core
2. 3 hours art history chosen from
- ARTS-3333 - History of Design
- ARTS-3343 - Ancient to Modern Art History
- ARTS-3353 - Contemporary Art
3. 54 hours interior design
- ARTS-1103 - Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-1623 - Introduction to Interior Design
- ARTS-1643 - Interior Textiles, Materials, and Finishes
- ARTS-1653 - Computer Aided Design
- ARTS-2123 - Rendering in Perspective
- ARTS-2443 - Construction Materials and Details
- ARTS-2623 - Residential Interior Design
- ARTS-2653 - Space Planning and Codes
- ARTS-2663 - Architectural Graphics
- ARTS-2743 - 3D Modeling I
- ARTS-3533 - Historical Interior Design, I
- ARTS-3543 - Historical Interior Design, II
- ARTS-3613 - Interior Systems
- ARTS-3623 - Commercial Design I
- ARTS-3633 - Contemporary Interior Design
- ARTS-3643 - Commercial Design II
- ARTS-4613 - Interior Design Professional Practices and Portfolio
- ARTS-4633 - Senior Interior Design Studio
4. 3 hours interior design internship
5. 6 hours business chosen from
- Upper Level Business Courses as approved by Advisor