The Bachelor of Fine Arts Program in Gaming and Animation prepares students to use emerging media for the purpose of game design, self-expression and experimentation. G&A Students will have a grasp of industry-level skills and artistic techniques including texturing, uv mapping, animating, and rigging 3D models, game level design, 2D animation techniques, audio production and interactive design.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Gaming and Animation will:
1. Demonstrate effective problem solving skills as applied to game design, animation, artistic expression, and storytelling.
2. Demonstrate a working understanding of art history: genres, artists, movements, and practitioners.
3. Articulate an understanding of one’s integration of faith and design/artistic expression.
4. Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and think independently.
5. Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and creative expression.
6. Demonstrate an ability to reproduce a visual impression/representation of form, substance, light, and shadow through figure.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
Degree Requirements: 72 hours
21 hours core
- ARTS-1103 Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-1113 Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1213 Figure Drawing
- ARTS-1413 Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-2523 Form and Communication
- ARTS-3523 Illustration I
- ARTS-3773 The Business of Branding Yourself
12 hours art and design history
- ARTS-2423 History of Photography + Motion Pictures
- ARTS-2433 History of Gaming and Animation
- ARTS-3333 History of Design
- ARTS-3353 Contemporary Art
33 hours gaming and animation
- ARTS-2243 Interactive Media Design I
- ARTS-2403 Digital Photography
- ARTS-2743 3D Modeling and Animation I
- ARTS-3163 Animation Principles and Practices
- ARTS-3173 3D Modeling and Animation II
- ARTS-3383 Motion Imagery
- ARTS-3453 Team Game Production
- ARTS-4333 Commercial Studio Photography
- ARTS-4223 Gaming + Animation Studio
- ARTS-4663 Gaming + Animation Capstone
- COMM-3643 Video for Media