In addition to the highlights below, OC students and faculty are frequently honored at the national, regional and local levels. For more information about our high-quality academics, check out the programs that interest you and read about OC's latest accomplishments.
- Named a “Best University-Master’s” in the western region in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”
- Designated by Princeton Review as a Best Western College.
- Gaming and animation program selected as one of the top 30 undergraduate programs by Princeton Review and PC Gamer.
- Computer, electrical and mechanical engineering undergraduate degree programs accredited by The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. (One of just five members of 111-school Council for Christian Colleges and Universities with ABET accreditation for three programs).
- National History Honor Society chapter named a “Best Chapter” among all U.S. universities with 3,000 or fewer students for 21 straight years.
Placement Rates for Academic Programs with Department Specific Accreditation
- 100% job placement for education graduates.
- 100% job or graduate school placement for OC interior design graduates.
- 96% job placement for business graduates.
- 94% job placement for nursing graduates.
- 91% job or graduate school placement for engineering graduates.
- 88% job placement for music education graduates.
Other Academic Points of Pride
- 100% graduate and law school placement rate for OC language and literature graduates who applied in the last two years.
- 100% of OC history and political science graduates who applied to history or political science graduate programs or to law school have been accepted who applied in the past seven years.
- 100% graduate school acceptance rate for OC Honors Program graduates who applied in the last four years.
- 95% job placement rate for OC public relations graduates.
- 90% medical and graduate school placement rates for OC biology graduates who applied in the past seven years.
- 90% job placement rate for OC graphic design graduates.
- 84% of classes or course sections have fewer than 30 students.