Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
OC is Home. OC Grows. OC is Mission.
Location & Campus
OC’s 200 plus-acre campus is located in northeast Oklahoma City, the state capital of Oklahoma. The university borders the city of Edmond. Students enjoy the academic, cultural and recreational benefits of a big city in a safe and comfortable suburban atmosphere.
What began in 1950 as Central Christian College (with an enrollment of 97) has grown into a comprehensive Christian university serving almost 2,500 students. Affiliated with the churches of Christ, Oklahoma Christian welcomes all students who respect the university's commitment to academic and spiritual excellence and who respect the academic and spiritual pursuits of their fellow students.
Mascot & Colors
Oklahoma Christian University’s “Eagles” mascot originated in 1952-53, two years after the founding of the school as a junior college. Isaiah 40:31 has served as a theme verse through the years: “Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” OC’s official colors of maroon and silver gray also were selected by vote of the student body.
- Named a “Best University-Master’s” in the western region in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”
- Designated by The Princeton Review as a Best Western College.
- Named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Gaming and animation program selected as one of the top 30 undergraduate programs by The Princeton Review and PC Gamer.
- Computer, electrical and mechanical engineering undergraduate degree programs accredited by The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. (One of just three members of 111-school Council for Christian Colleges and Universities with ABET accreditation for three programs).
- National History Honor Society chapter named a “Best Chapter” among all U.S. universities with 3,000 or fewer students for 18 straight years.
Other Academic Points of Pride
- 2nd highest state education certification exam pass rate in Oklahoma.
- 88% of classes/course sections have fewer than 30 students.
- 90% graduate and law school placement rate for OC language and literature graduates.
- 90% job placement rate for OC communication design (graphic design) graduates.
- 95% job placement rate for OC interior design graduates.
- 95% medical and graduate school placement rates for OC biology graduates.
- 100% of OC history and political science graduates who applied to history or political science graduate programs or to law school have been accepted in the last five years.
- 100% graduate school acceptance rate for OC Honors Program graduates the past four years.
- Oklahoma Christian University: Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- College of Business Administration: Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- College of Engineering and Computer Science: Computer, electrical and mechanical engineering undergraduate degree programs are accredited by The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
- School of Education: National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- School of Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Accreditation
- Department of Music: National Association of Schools of Music
- Interior Design Program: Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Christian Higher Education Foundation
- Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities
- 112 full-time faculty.
- 100 percent Christian.
- Most faculty hold terminal degrees.
- 16-to-1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio.
- 88 percent of classes contain fewer than 30 students.
Undergraduate Areas of Study
14 academic departments operate in one of five colleges (academic divisions): the College of Biblical Studies; the College of Business Administration; the College of Engineering and Computer Science; the College of Liberal Arts; and the College of Natural and Health Sciences. Students choose from more than 60 majors and 30 additional areas of study.
Graduate Areas of Study
Graduate degrees include the Master of Accountancy, the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Science in Engineering, the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry, the Master of Divinity, and the Master of Theological Studies.
The Tom & Ada Beam Library contains more than 110,000 books and media, almost 30,000 electronic books, and access to more than 8,000 periodicals in electronic or print format.
- Apple Distinguished Program recognition.
- Wireless Internet access throughout campus.
- Information Technology's Help Desk provides more than 60 hours per week of staffed office hours plus 24/7 online support. IT responds to support requests with same-day resolution in most cases.
Student Demographics & Enrollment (2013-14)
- Total Students Enrolled: 2,424
- Undergraduate: 1,969
- Graduate: 455
- 51% men, 49% women
- Countries represented: 48
- States represented: 50
- Undergraduate students from:
- Oklahoma: 37%
- Texas: 22%
- Kansas: 4%
- Colorado: 4%
- California: 3%
- Washington: 2%
- Missouri: 2%
- Oregon: 1%
- Other states and countries: 23%
- Undergraduate ethnic minorities: 25%
- 60 student organizations.
- Almost 1,000 students compete in 16 intramural sports.
- 80 percent of students live on campus.
- Recently completed $34 million housing project. Almost 1,800 living spaces available on campus in 12 residence halls and nine apartment complexes; more than 850 new or renovated spaces available.
Study Abroad Opportunities
- 20 study abroad and off-campus learning options, including the following institutional programs:
- European Studies Fall, Spring and Summer Programs (home base in OC’s Das Millicanhaus in Vienna, Austria)
- Asian Studies Summer Program
- HonduraServe Healthcare Missions Program
- Ibaraki (Japan) Long-Term Exchange
- Korea Long-Term Exchange
- Latin American Program
- About 120 students participate in study abroad programs each year.
- 25 percent of graduating seniors have participated in a study abroad program.
Service & Missions
- More than 1,100 undergraduate students (60 percent) involved in ongoing service and ministry opportunities.
- More than 40 student service and ministry opportunities.
- 500 students, faculty, and staff members participate in mission opportunities each year. Some countries served include Australia, Austria, China, Croatia, Germany, Ghana, Honduras, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Rwanda, Switzerland, and the United States.
Athletics & Scholar-Athletes
- OC is a provisional member of NCAA Division II. We compete in the NCAA’s Heartland Conference and in the National Christian College Athletic Association.
- More than 250 students participate in 12 sports, including baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, and track and field.
- OC has won 54 national championships, with 27 of them coming in the last six years.
- Placed in the top 10 in the national all-sports standings for five straight years.
- 3.29 cumulative GPA for the entire athletic department in 2013-14 (tied for #1 in Heartland Conference)
- 95 percent of undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid.
- Only university in Oklahoma and in the CCCU to hold prices for three straight years before a small 3.26% increase for 2014-15.
- OC does not charge student fees.
Scholarships & Grants
- Institutional: $15,069,317
- Federal: $2,451,905
- State: $742,642
- Other external awards: $1,467,368
- Student Loans: $8,487,076
- Parent Loans: $3,420,284
- Work Study: $939,862
Costs (per year, 2014-15)
- Tuition: $19,120
- Room & Board: $6,670
- Click here for more information on OC's commitment to affordability
Visit or Send Packages
2501 East Memorial Road
Edmond, OK 73013
Click here to download our University Profile as a PDF document.