NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 2, 2013, we are no longer seeking applicants.
POSITION TITLE: Learning Specialist
10 month contract
Purpose: This position serves Oklahoma Christian University by working individually with students to design a plan of study, discuss goals, study skills and other challenges. Specific focus will be on monitoring students who are placed on academic probation or suspension. Training is provided.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Minimum two years related work experience is strongly desired. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Be available to meet with students and discuss their individual situation.
- Intake and track clients and their academic needs.
- Attend training sessions and weekly meetings to discuss student situations.
- Provide a safe, supportive atmosphere for students.
- Develop relationships with students through confident communication.
- Guide students to develop their own time management and study skills.
- Assist students in monitoring their own academic progress and goal setting.
- Maintain communication with faculty members and other offices in order to monitor student progress.
- Monitor study skills video series.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Work is primarily indoors in an office setting.
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Amy Janzen, Discover Center Director at email@example.com Start date: August 5, 2013