NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of January 22, 2013, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Open Date for Hire: September 24, 2012
Position: Budget Coordinator
Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community which transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
The key goal of this job is to support the mission of the University through sound financial management
Oklahoma Christian University is seeking applicants for the position for Budget Coordinator. This position will report to the Controller and is responsible for the coordination and maintenance of the University's General Operating budget and financial transactions posted against the various funds. Responsibilities also include various financial reporting within the specific fund or fund groups. Applications will be accepted until the position is removed from the University’s job posting, which may occur anytime on or after the “Open Date for Hire”.
1. Assist with the coordination and development of the College's annual budget within a specific fund or fund group under the direction of the applicable Vice President of Finance and the Controller.
2. Compiles the annual Operating Fund budget and bear responsibility for input into the ERP system.
3. Develops analytical reports for budget/actual comparisons as needed by the Executive team, auditors, or other levels of management.
4. Monitors, evaluates, and prepares budget amendments and financial reports as necessary.
5. Performs an ongoing review and monitors Departmental budgets to ensure compliance with University-wide goals and monitors budget variances.
6. Ensures compliance in budgetary and fiscal transactions with University policies.
7. Provides department budget managers and project directors with financial status reports, fiscal training, and other assistance as needed.
8. Performs budgetary system maintenance for the Datatel Colleague system, including periodic system testing as necessitated by system maintenance packs and upgrades. Ensures modifications to system budget definitions are in place prior to the commencement of each fiscal year.
9. Maintains the full-time staffing table and ensures new positions or changes to positions are accurately captured in the system. Works with the Human Resource department in the creation/change of positions.
10. Work collaboratively with the Payroll and Accounting areas to ensure accuracy of data posted against budgets.
11. Manages financial and programmatic audit requests and findings, and prepares responses as appropriate.
12. Provides financial/budgeting training and support to University Community.
13. Provides fiscal oversight within the fund or fund groups as assigned.
14. Assists in the year end close by performing applicable adjustments, accruals, reclassifications, reconciliations and schedules.
15. Performs other site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
Professional Development Requirements:
1. Knowledge and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
2. Ability to understand and manage budgets.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
4. Ability to work well in a team environment.
5. Ability to analyze and explain data variances.
6. Employee relations skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to travel on college-related business
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in accounting
- Demonstrated budgetary and analytic skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce financial management reports
- Experience using a personal computer and related word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile---Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, active involvement in a local Church of Christ, and support of the Christian mission of the University.
Please send your resume to Mr. Lynn Hooper, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com