OC offers majors in Biology, Medical Laboratory Science Program, and Science Education. The Department of Biology also prepares students for professional programs in dental hygiene, occupational or physical therapy, and pharmacy. In the last two years, 100% of OC graduates have been accepted to medical schools when they meet the respective GPA and MCAT requirements.
OC students reap the benefits of undergraduate research opportunities in the Oklahoma City metro area. Since 2007, over 90% of OC students who participated in undergraduate research were accepted to professional programs (medical, dental, veterinary, physical therapy). OC also offers an advanced cadaver course in a new state-of-the-art lab.
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Human Anatomy
- Molecular Biology
- Physical Science
- Science Service Learning
- All Courses
What I Can Do With My Degree
Dental Hygienist, Medical Doctor, Medical Research, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Nutritionist, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Physician’s Associate, Professor/Teacher, Veterinarian
B.S. Degree in Biochemistry
B.S. Degree in Biology
B.S. Degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology
B.S. Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
B.S.E. Degree in Science Education, Biology
Graduates of the Department of Biological Sciences will be prepared for graduate level studies, professional programs or entry-level positions in the fields of scientific investigation. Our students will:
- Acquire a fundamental body of knowledge in the natural sciences.
- Conduct research of both experimental and theoretical forms.
- Communicate effectively the results of scientific research and study.
- Participate in curricular and extracurricular activities that enhance learning and preparation for careers in science.
- Develop mature attitudes towards scholarship, intellectual honesty and ethical conduct that promote a life-long appreciation for learning.