B.F.A. Degree in Communication Design with Marketing Management Emphasis
This major is for the person wanting to be an art director, graphic designer, web designer, account executive, or copywriter for an advertising agency, graphic design studio, “in-house” corporate art department, or interactive design company.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Communication Design will:
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills as applied to visual communications, interactive media, artistic expression, advertising, and graphic design.
- Demonstrate effective design skills as applied to visual communications, interactive media, artistic expression, advertising, and graphic design.
- Demonstrate effective illustration skills from concept to execution.
- Articulate an understanding of one’s integration of faith and design/artistic expression.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and think independently.
- Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and creative expression.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 21 hours core
- ARTS-1113 - Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1213 - Figure Drawing
- ARTS-1413 - Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-3113 - Printmaking Intaglio & Relief
2. 27 hours communication design
- ARTS-2223 - Intro to Communication Design
- ARTS-2233 - Type As Visual Language
- ARTS-3243 - Graphic Design
- ARTS-3253 - Print and Social Media Design
- ARTS-3263 - Advanced Graphic Design
- ARTS-3333 - History of Design
- ARTS-3513 - Graphic Arts Production
- ARTS-3523 - Illustration I
- ARTS-4253 - Integrated Marketing Design
3. 15 hours digital design
- ARTS-1103 - Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-2243 - Interactive Media Design I
- ARTS-2323 - Digital Design for Print
- ARTS-2403 - Digital Photography
- ARTS-3443 - Interactive Media Design II
4. 12 hours illustration emphasis
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Account Executive
Lets get started! Or do you need more information?Apply Now Visit Campus