NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of November 14, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Open Date for Hire: September 24, 2012
The key goal of this job is to support the mission of the University
Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community which transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
Oklahoma Christian University is seeking applicants for the position for Cashier. This position will report to the Controller, and is responsible for the cash receipts functions in the Business Office. Applications will be accepted until the position is removed from the University’s job posting, which may occur anytime on or after the “Open Date for Hire”.
- Maintain cash drawer in the Business Office.
- Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Support assistance with departmental functions.
- Research issues for other departments on campus.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Maintain cash drawer as Cashier in the Business Office.
- Maintain cash drawer in compliance with established procedures.
- Responsible for balancing all receipts and disbursements each day.
- Serve visitors to the Business Office in a friendly and professional manner.
B. Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Collect and endorse all checks for deposit.
- Ensure check totals match system receipt totals before sending to bank.
- Troubleshoot and cure reconciliation exceptions.
C. Support assistance with departmental functions.
- Perform various activities as needed by other Business Office personnel.
D. Research issues for other departments on campus.
- Research issues and requests from other departments in a timely and professional manner.
Professional Development Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Research and troubleshooting skills
B. Training to be obtained:
- Datatel software
- CASHNet software
- Some college preferred
- Experience in cash register maintenance and customer relations
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to develop and integrate technology into operations
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile---Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, active involvement in a local Church of Christ, and support of the Christian mission of the University.
Please send your resume to Mr. Lynn Hooper, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org