Application & Admission Process
The following is a step-by-step guide for applying to OC's English program, the Language & Culture Institute (LCI). Please complete each step below.
Complete an admission application and pay a $25 non-refundable application fee at www.oc.edu/apply. To apply for LCI, choose the Undergraduate Application and choose the major Intensive English for international students.
2. Official Transcripts
Send original, official transcripts (grade reports) for all high school and university studies, as well as original, official diplomas, certificates, and national examination results.
All educational documents must be in English or sent with an official English translation.
Send educational documents by post or courier.
3. Financial Documents
For students who want to continue to an Undergraduate program after LCI:
Send official, original bank statements or letters showing a total balance of at least $26,349 (the estimated cost per year, to live and study full time at Oklahoma Christian University). Confirmed OC scholarships may also count toward proof for this total amount.
Submit a completed Undergraduate Financial Worksheet.
The U.S. government requires these documents to be sent before Oklahoma Christian University can issue an I-20 for obtaining a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
Send financial documents by post or courier.
4. Statement of Understanding
Send a signed Statement of Understanding which describes the rules and expectations of an international student at Oklahoma Christian University.
5. Copy of passport page
You may send this by email.
After the above admission requirements have been received and evaluated, OC may issue an admission letter and I-20. The admission letter and I-20 will be sent to admitted students with F-1 visa instructions, health & immunization forms, and a housing request form.
6. Additional Steps for Transfer Students
Send these additional immigration documents:
I-94 card (front and back)
All previous I-20's
Send a OC SEVIS Transfer Release Form, signed by the transfer student, and completed and sent by the university which holds the student's current SEVIS record.
Please note that students must hold legal status in the United States to be eligible for admission.
NEXT STEPS FOR ADMITTED LCI STUDENTS
1. Before enrolling, new students should complete and submit the following:
Immunization Record - may be sent by email (See Immunization Requirements for more information)
2. New students are required to attend Take Flight and Earn Your Wings, a one-week, new student orientation the week before the fall semester starts in August. Please note that you must register and pay for both of these events.
3. First-time international students (freshmen) are not required to submit the SAT or ACT for admission to OC. However, students may qualify for the PASS academic scholarship by taking one of those tests and submitting a minimum score (see PASS award chart). Students may take the ACT at OC before classes begin each fall semester. Please contact your international admission counselor for more information.
4. OC is an Apple Digital Campus. All full-time OC students receive a MacBook Air. To learn more about the MacBook Air and upgrade options (for an extra fee), please click here.
SEND ALL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS TO:
Oklahoma Christian University
Office of International Programs
2501 East Memorial Road
Edmond, OK 73013