In addition to the highlights below, OC students and faculty are frequently honored at the national, regional and local levels. For more information about our high-quality academics, check out the programs that interest you and read about OC's latest accomplishments.
- Named a “Best University-Master’s” in the western region in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”
- Designated by Princeton Review as a Best Western College.
- Named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Gaming and animation program selected as one of the top undergraduate programs by Princeton Review and GamePro magazine in 2010.
- One of only two members of the CCCU with ABET accreditation for three engineering programs.
- National History Honor Society chapter named a “Best Chapter” among all U.S. universities with 3,000 or fewer students for 16 straight years.
Other Academic Points of Pride
- 2nd highest state education certification exam pass rate in Oklahoma.
- 88% of classes/course sections have fewer than 30 students.
- 90% graduate and law school placement rate for OC language and literature graduates.
- 90% job placement rate for OC communication design (graphic design) graduates.
- 95% job placement rate for OC interior design graduates.
- 95% medical and graduate school placement rates for OC biology graduates.
- 100% of OC history and political science graduates graduates who applied to history or political science graduate programs or to law school have been accepted in the last five years.
- 100% graduate school acceptance rate for OC Honors Program graduates the past four years.