B.S.N. Degree in Nursing
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing will:
- Exemplify Christian principles of compassion, service, integrity and respect for the well-being of clients, peers and self.
- Synthesize critical thinking skills for professional nursing practice.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with clients and other health care providers to promote positive client outcomes.
- Provide appropriate and safe nursing care (clinically competent) to clients.
- Demonstrate a leadership style consistent with academic preparation while adhering to the standards of the nursing profession.
Provide nursing care based on knowledge and appreciation of unique cultural variations.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 20 hours science
- BIOL-2013 - Biology I Foundations of Life
- BIOL-2033 - Nutrition
- BIOL-2523 - Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL-2623 - Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL-2624 - Principles of Microbiology
- CHEM-1104 - Intro to Chemistry
2. 6 hours mathematics
3. 6 hours psychology
4. 60 hours nursing
- NURS-1011 - Introduction to Nursing
- NURS-2003 - Health Assessment
- NURS-2013 - Fundamentals of Nursing
- NURS-2033 - Pharmacology
- NURS-3013 - Pathophysiology
- NURS-3014 - Mental Health Nursing
- NURS-3015 - Adult Nursing I
- NURS-3024 - Maternal-Infant Health Nursing
- NURS-3025 - Adult Nursing II
- NURS-3034 - Hlth Care Miss & Christian Ser
- NURS-4005 - Community Health Nursing
- NURS-4011 - Capstone in Nursing
- NURS-4015 - Child and Family Health Nursing
- NURS-4022 - Issues and Trends in Nursing
- NURS-4024 - Leadership and Management in Nursing
- NURS-4025 - Adult Nursing III
- NURS-4033 - Nursing Research
**After admittance into the nursing program, a student must maintain a cumulative 2.90 GPA and a 2.90 major GPA. For more information refer to the Nursing Student Handbook on Nursing Central.
Graduation with a BSN in Nursing does not guarantee licensure. Students must pass the NCLEX-RN to earn license.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse
- Critical Care
- ICU, Cardiology
- Home Health Care
For more information, contact: