B.S. Degree in Computer Science
With a solid foundation of knowledge, problem solving, and logical and critical thinking skills, a computer science degree from Oklahoma Christian can serve as a significant competitive advantage – even if you don't wind up working in information technology. Computer science degrees are also commonly associated with innovation and high-paying jobs, making it a popular and smart choice among degree seekers.
Oklahoma Christian Computer Science degree holders tend to find jobs as Software Engineers, Systems Administrators, and Systems Analysts. There are exceptions to the rule, as well – other OC alumni who have earned a Computer Science degree have even found themselves working as actuaries and math teachers.
74 hours, no minor required
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science will:
- Recognize the ethical and appropriate use of technology, and apply the theories and principles of Computer Science to effectively solve problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Exhibit the ability to adapt to new environments, apply research methodologies, and to learn independently.
- Work effectively in a team environment, including the ability to describe complex ideas and logical arguments in a clear, concise manner using both written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the liberal arts, and an ability to think, act, and communicate from a Christian worldview in all areas of life.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 24 hours lower division courses
- CMSC-1003 - Intro to Info Tech
- CMSC-1113 - Programming I
- CMSC-1123 - Programming II
- CMSC-2133 - Object Oriented Programming
- CMSC-2413 - Introduction to Assembly Language
- CMSC-2423 - Introduction to File Processing
- MATH-1623 - Intro to Discrete Math
- MATH-2913 - Statistical Methods
2. 7 hours upper division courses
- CMSC-3243 - Computers and Society
- CMSC-3443 - Computer Org & Arch
- CMSC-4811 - SS: Special Studies Comp Sci
3. 3 hours chosen from
4. 11 hours mathematics
5. 18 hours computer science
- CMSC-3233 - Data Structures & Algor Ana
- CMSC-3423 - Intro Computer Graphics
- CMSC-4413 - Operating Systems
- CMSC-4223 - Computer Simulation
- CMSC-4513 - Programming Languages
- CMSC-4713 - Artificial Intelligence
6. 2 hours language
7. 9 hours any 3000/4000 computer science not used above
- Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Analyst
For more information, contact: